The Certificate of Insurance (COI) is an essential document that provides an overview of the insurance policy and serves as proof of your drone insurance. In this guide, we will explain every aspect of the Certificate of Drone Insurance and answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
Why do I need a COI?
Your Certificate of InsuranceI is an essential piece of your drone insurance plan. It serves as the proof of your insurance policy as it summarizes all the important factors of your policy. Often times, potential clients will ask to see your COI in order to understand your coverage.
What’s included on my COI?
- Personal/Company information
- Effective policy period
- Coverage territory
- Liability limits
- Additional insured
- Verification link
How do I set my additional insured?
Adding an additional insured is possible both via the SkyWatch.AI Web portal, and through the SkyWatch.AI app. Adding an additional insured is completely free of charge, and you can add as many as you need.
An additional insured can be a person, company, venue or co-pilot. Follow these steps to get started.
When will I receive my COI?
Once you have officially purchased insurance via SkyWatch.AI, you will immediately receive your COI as an attachment to the confirmation Email.
Can I update my COI after I have already purchased my insurance?
YES! You can always modify your COI as need be. If you want or need to add another additional insured - don’t fret, it all possible even after your purchase, via the SkyWatch.AI app and web portal.
Your policy will remain the same and the new certificate will be instantly available through the app. This guide will show you how to change your additional insured information, and download the updated COI. More detailed instructions can be found below.
All the information you provide when purchasing your insurance is then directly found on your COI. When scanning or clicking on your QR code, you will be taken to another page. On that page you will see that your status reads active. This means that your insurance has officially started.
Below you will find an example of a certificate of insurance for a monthly drone insurance policy.
- Name Insured: Name of the policy holder and pilot
- Policy Number: This number will always remain your SkyWatch.AI policy number. Only the suffix (i.e - 01) will change each time a policy renews.
- Policy Period: These are the dates in which your policy is active.
- Additional Insured: Any additional insured added to your policy during set up will be reflected here.
- Coverage Territory: All monthly policies will be active anywhere within the United States of America. For on-demand policies, the coverage territory will reflect that of the area planned through the app.
- Issuing Company: All SkyWatch.AI policies are underwritten by Starr Insurance.
- Scan/Click To Validate: This QR code will show that status of your insurance.
- Liability Limit: Your policy's liability limit will be seen here.
How do I modify my COI?
With the most recent SkyWatch.AI app update, you can access your COI directly from your home screen. With an active monthly policy, your home screen will resemble that of the photo below:
On the bottom left side, you will be able to click the 'Certificate of Insurance' button to view your COI.
On the bottom right side, you will be able to click the 'Change Additional Insured' button to make amendments to your COI.
After making changes to your additional insured, you will be able to see the changes directly through the app. If you need to download the new version of the COI, you can do so by accessing the 'Flight and Policies' tab of the main menu.
For additional questions about your Certificate of Insurance, our support team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.