8k hyperlapse, longer battery life, and 10km 1080p video transmission are just a fraction of the features you can find in the new DJI Mavic Air 2!
When it comes to establishing yourself as a drone professional and promoting your drone business it has become clear that insurance is essential. Regardless of the mission, securing a client is always easier to do when you can prove that the right coverage is in place. However, at what expense right?
As a safe pilot with no claims we know that paying for insurance you may never use is a drag. Unfortunately, this is the name of the game and it is always better to be safe than sorry. Bearing this in mind, SkyWatch.AI has always prioritized rewarding safe pilots in the best way possible: paying less. As a pilot practicing safety measures, your drone flight logs are sure to prove your efforts.
By analyzing your flight’s telematics, including but not limited to, battery life at landing, distance from operator to drone, and obstacle avoidance, our unique algorithm gives each flight an appropriate score. The average score becomes known as your Safety Score and grants you discounts on your insurance premiums.
Our Safety Score analysis has been a key factor of SkyWatch.AI’s insurance platform since the very beginning. Through our dedicated DJI portal, you’re invited to share your logs quickly and easily to get a Safety Score overnight.
So why is this important now?
In addition to our motives for having safer pilots pay less, we also prioritize providing the most comprehensive insurance policies for professional pilots' needs. These three qualities, safety, professionalism and affordability, go hand in hand with the new Mavic Air 2 on the market. DJI has again proved its ability to continuously innovate the drone industry. This new model is filled with advanced features that offer a wider range of opportunities for professional pilots at a much better price.
If drone technology is affordable, the right drone insurance should be as well.
Aside from its improved camera system, longer flight time, and price, perhaps the real game changer is its ability to set a new standard for drone safety. The new Mavic Air 2 manages to take the most basic drone flight technology and improve them in a way that allows pilots to explore the skies swiftly. With a weight of only 570 grams, the drone is filled with features that ensure the safest flying experience.
Due to its enhanced safety features, and remarkable ability to capture footage at a high level, pilots are given the confidence they need to fly. If you are looking to start a new drone business with a focus on aerial photography and content, this is the drone for you. You will be able to generate content at the highest quality, without breaking the bank. Share your Mavic Air 2 logs and you are almost guaranteed to score in the highest category and save greatly on your insurance premiums.
Mavic Air 2 Safety Features
- By enabling the Advanced Pilot Assistance System, if the drone approaches a potential obstacle it will create a new flight path in order to avoid a collision.
Increased Battery life:
- The Mavic Air 2 can operate for a maximum of 34 minutes, giving pilots more time to capture the right shot and still bring the drone back down with enough battery.
- This is the first DJI model to use advanced aviation surveillance technology to provide pilots with warnings about additional aircrafts in the flying vicinity. This technology, known as ADS-B, receives signals from airplanes and helicopters in the vicinity, and then displays their location on the pilot’s control screen. Warning pilots about other aircraft gives them enough time act accordingly and move the drone out of harm’s way. Read more about ADS-B here.
- Located both on the front and back of the drone, the new and improved obstacle sensors warn pilots if they are near any dangerous objects.
- These lights, along with additional sensors at the bottom of the drone allow for a smoother automatic landing.
Mavic Air 2 compared to the Mavic Series
Many pilots find that the new model makes up for some of the setbacks found in the original Mavic Air. Want to see how this drone compares to others in i’s series? Check out this useful comparison table from Drone Film Guide. DOWNLOAD Drone Film Guide's Comparison Table here
Have your hands on the Mavic Air 2? Share your experience and feedback with us!